Tabibito Faleschini

Tabibito Faleschini

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ahhh Kyoto...

...you're killing me!!  My feet hurt so bad!!  I walk all over this city, which is good for me.  But still, I get back at night and fall into bed from being so tired. 
Here is what I have seen so far: 




Higashi-Honganji Temple







Part of the walkway










Women outside the temple in Kimono's
They looked so cute, I asked to take their picture.  They were really nice to this CRAZY American









Walking to the Nishi-Hoganji Temple










Tofukuji Temple













One the grounds of the Temple








Fushimi Inari Shrine







Walking through






I am pointing at the the stuff (if you can' tell).  This picture was done using my timer (yea for technology!)







I climbed all those freaking stairs (there were tons of them and I was not expecting it), but the view from the top was sort-of worth it





Ginkakuji Temple (Silver Pavilion)







You walk through the Temple and this is the top of the Temple after you have climbed up a few stairs.  It's really pretty.






I asked these teenage boys to take my picture.  They were pretty silly.  I said thank you in Japanese and they replied "your welcome"






Heian Jingu Shrine











I asked so many people to take my picture today!  They were all really nice about it






So yea, I have seen a lot in the last couple days.  I still have a bit to go.  But I am excited to see the rest. 

Music I rocked out to so far in Kyoto:
Ben Folds (You Don't Know Me, & Still Fighting It)
Michael Andrews & Gary Jules (Mad World)
MGMT (Time to Pretend)
Adele (19-whole album multiple times)
James Morrison (both albums, but the first one is better)
And part of a mix I put together when I was in Seattle

2 comments:

  1. I might love their parasols--but I can't tell becuase I can't make the picture bigger : (

    It looks really cool though-I'm sorry I'm not there with you!

    And did I tell you about the Japanese version of airline magazines that had a big article on Adele? I completely thought of you. It was on my way to/from Korea I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. what's the vending machine: person ratio ther in Kyoto? Just wondering, you know, in case you get thristy ; )

    ReplyDelete