Tabibito Faleschini

Tabibito Faleschini

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Last Day of Kyoto Part II

After the Temples, I took the bus to the Nijo Castle.  No sooner 
had I walked in then I got bombarded with students from Tokyo (0n a trip to see history in Kyoto) and they started asking me questions in English.  It was like I was getting interrogated!  And I have no idea if they knew what I was saying back to them (I tend to blab and talk fast when I am nervous).  But they were very nice and at some point I got a picture with my interrog-...err I mean my friends!  :)




















The last place I went to was Gion Corner.  It has a show at like 8 PM, and they do 5 min to give tourists and idea of what different types of entertainment look like in Japan.  They had Chado (tea ceramony), Kado (flower arrangements), Gagaku (which was court music Kyomai only for the elite), Kyogen (comical plays, but even their plays have dance and music), Kyomai (style of dance in Kyoto), and lastly Bunraku (puppet play but don't be deceived by the name.  It was my favorite and so cool!!)









































1 comment:

  1. Again, with the inability to make the puppet picture larger. It sounded really cool when yo uwere telling me about it but it looks different than I thought i twould. Also--YOU ARE TOTALLY CROUCHING!! I see your bent knees in that picture iwth the school kids! DOn't think I don't! I liked that you flashed the peace sign too though, way to do as the romans kid ; )

    ReplyDelete