Tabibito Faleschini

Tabibito Faleschini

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Seriously??

So I fell in the garage on Saturday morning.  And when I say I fell I mean I slid (stupid flip flops, why do you entice me so during the summer to wear you) and instead of pitching backwards (which is what I usually do because oh wait I have broken multiple bones by falling, curses!)  I went forward and the tip of my knee broke my fall on the cement of the garage.  
To top it all off, yesterday morning I was walking down the stairs (slowly and carefully) and I slipped and almost toppled down the stairs but I was able to stop myself and slid down half the staircase.  
Really?  I was a ballerina for 10 years!!!  10 years!!  I did ballroom dancing for 5 years!  For more then half of my life I have danced.  Dancing takes poise, composure, self-control, and above all BALANCE!  Where did it go???  I am so klutzy it is pathetic.  Luckily nothing is broken.  I got it x-rayed today.  But  I think my qi (chi) is off.  Two falls in three days.  No good.
What I have learned: don't walk on slippery garages or walk down stairs when tired.  Both these events took place 15 minutes after I woke up.  I think that is the missing link.  My body has issues!  I'm just glad it is nothing serious.  whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment