I am back in Minnesota. I got back a few days ago. But before I returned, I had one last day in Tokyo. That was fun. I took the highway bus to Tokyo station and then I figured out (and when I say
I figured something out, I mean I asked like 5 people in Tokyo station how to get where I wanted to go) how to get to Nippori station where I went fabric shopping for my sister-in-law Amanda and I was going to go to museum but by the end of fabric shopping I was tired and my map was from my frommer's book so it wasn't that great. So I took the train to Ginza and then went to the Kabuki theater. I wanted to watch one act. But I got there too early so I went into a department store and found a really pretty kimono for my rents (They really like it, so that's good). Then I had to stand in line for like for an hour to get into the theater. It was really cool. The show was the debut for this four year old little boy. He was so cute. The theater there is so different. In the middle of the play, they stop and introduce themselves to the audience and thank everyone for being there. Then each actor talked about how happy they were to be in the debut shows with this little boy. Not only that, like half of the actors on the stage were related to this kid (grandfather, father, uncle and a cousin was the last one, I think). And women don't perform on stage. Men dress is women's clothing and that is like the roles they play forever. I was really confused until I figured that out because when one of the women spoke in the play, I was like that sounds like a dude using a high pitched voice. Oh wait, it was! I can be so slow sometimes it's a little ridiculous! So after they thank the audience and stuff, they go right back to the play where they left off. It was worth it to go see. When I go back to Tokyo (because this is not the end for me and Japan) I want to watch an entire show. That would be very interesting. After the theater, I figured out how to get back to my hotel which was near the Narita airport. I was kind of amazed, but everything lined up so that I made it to the airport in time to catch the shuttle back to the hotel and therefore not paying an exorbitant amount of money on a taxi to the hotel.
The flight back was okay. I got back and have been super jet lagged. And I came back to a niece who is walking (what!) and looking adorable, I might add. And a nephew who I seriously think has grown like 5 inches while I was gone. Last night he sang a song about me to me and is was so stinkin' cute!! I am happy to be home and sleeping in my bed and not living out of a suitcase. But I miss Japan! I really liked it there! And I miss Anna, we definitely had some good times while I was there! But hopefully I will get back to Japan sometimes soon in the future. There are lots of other places in Japan I would like to see. And I would love to see Anna again.
Hey Anna try to get Tyler to go for Germany or Italy for the next one. That way I can visit you there and we can do some backpacking around Europe! ;)
Hahhaha, I'm plotting for anyplace overseas still. You'll be one of hte first to know where we go : )
ReplyDelete